- Date: Jul 13, 2017
- Time: 5.00pm - 7.00pm
- Location: East Grinstead
- Service Area: Brain injury
We are delighted to invite you to our next informal seminar for our Therapist Network, on Thursday 13 July in East Grinstead, hosted by Daniel Thomas and Anna Ménen Sanchez of Chroma.
Anna will be presenting to us an introduction to Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) and show its use as part of the MDT within a hospital-based paediatric setting. Through case studies, videos and demonstrations, a number of specific NMT techniques will be shared. The presentation will look at:
• OMREX (Oral Motor and Respiratory Exercises)
• DSLM (Developmental Speech and Language Training Through Music)
• An overview of the research behind NMT and how it can be used in paediatric settings
• Outcomes data from a pilot NMT service on an adult neurorehab ward
The aim of this is to create a platform where therapists can share knowledge and discuss issues with fellow therapists for the benefit of your clients.
6.15pm Tea, coffee and biscuits break
6.30pm Shared goals and questions