Contact one of our specialist lawyers for a free initial consultation to find out if we can investigate your case with the financial security of a no win no fee agreement.
When can you make a compensation claim for a sports injury?
If you are injured playing sport, and the incident was clearly not part of the normal risks of the game, you might be entitled to make a compensation claim. Whatever kind of injury you have suffered it is a good idea to:
- Seek advice while the events are clear in your mind and the minds of any witnesses
- Collect evidence such as contact details of witnesses and photographs of the accident location.
Examples of situations where a claim for compensation could arise from a sports injury are:
- Dangerous or reckless contact by another player in a contact sport such as rugby, football or martial arts
- Failure of a referee, umpire or other match official to properly control a game and minimise the risk of injury
- Defective sports equipment
- A defect in a sports ground, pitch or premises
- Failure by an instructor to give clear instructions to minimise the risk of injury.
Injuries sustained by spectators at sporting events
If you are a spectator at a sporting event, whether amateur or professional, the owners of the premises should ensure that they comply with health and safety guidelines. If you are injured at a sporting event you may be entitled to compensation.
What compensation can you claim?
Additional to the compensation that can recovered at the conclusion of the personal injury claim, money can be requested during the course of the claim to fund rehabilitation as well as:
- Compensation for physical or psychological damage or both
- Compensation for the pain and suffering caused the sports injury and the things you needed as a result of your injury
- You can also claim compensation for financial loss, for example, for loss of earnings
- You can do this on a no win no fee basis so there is no risk attached.
The amount of compensation you get depends on:
- The seriousness of your injuries
- The extent of financial loss
- The support you will need in the future.
How our personal injury solicitors can help with your sports injury claim
- the breadth of experience in our personal injury team means it is likely that we have already recovered compensation with similar circumstances to yours. For example we have acted for people injured playing golf, rugby, football, hockey, swimming, using a gym, attending fitness classes and even contenders who have taken part in sports related TV such as Gladiators
- you will have support and expert service from a personal injury solicitor who is experienced in the area of sports injuries
- we will give you clear advice on whether you have a claim for compensation at the outset and support you through each step of the process
- our experience covers a wide variety of sports.
Free initial consultation
Contact our team of specialist personal injury lawyers for a free, no obligation, consultation and we will listen to the circumstances of your accident before giving you clear advice on the chance of you recovering compensation. If we think you have a claim we can investigate your case using the financial security of a no win no fee agreement.