What is the executor support Service?
You choose which parts of the probate process you want to carry out yourself and which you want to pass over to us.
When to choose the executor support service
When you have the time and knowledge to handle certain parts but not all of the process yourself.
What parts of the process can we support you with?
- providing initial advice such as guidance on the terms of the Will, what to do when someone has died without making a Will and on the administrative procedures and requirements involved in the process
- applying for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration with or without a Will
- arranging for estate assets to be valued for probate purposes
- vetting Inheritance Tax accounts and returns of estate information
- corresponding with HM Revenue & Customs on Inheritance Tax, Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax issues
- winding up the deceased's lifetime tax affairs (see Personal Tax Returns)
- collecting and distributing money
- selling or transferring estate assets including freehold and leasehold property
- dealing with tax compliance work for the administration period
- advising on executor protection
- setting up any trusts created by the Will or intestacy
- assessing transferrable nil rate bands
- dealing with life time gifts
- advising and if appropriate disbanding nil rate band Discretionary Trusts to keep nil rate brands intact
- preparing estate accounts
- preparing certificates of estate income for beneficiaries own tax affairs
- advising on Probate Disputes and Inheritance Act Claims
- tax planning by way of Post-Death Arrangements.
We work in partnership with Thomson Snell & Passmore tax solicitors, residential conveyancing solicitors and dispute resolution solicitors to handle the different tasks.
How much does it cost?
Probate costs depend on how many of the tasks are carried out by us, and the complexity of the estate. We will give you a step-by-step breakdown of costs before commencing each part of the process.
How long does it take?
If the entire estate is passing to the surviving spouse and it is relatively straightforward, it is usually possible to get a grant of representation faster. Call us and ask if our express probate service is suitable for your circumstances.
Other probate services
Free initial telephone consultation
If you would like one of our tem to discuss your needs and options please complete this short probate questionnaire and we’ll contact you.