- Date: Sep 19, 2019
- Time: 8:00am - 10:30am
- Location: Bridgewood Manor, Bridgewood Roundabout, Walderslade Woods, Chatham, Kent, ME5 9AX
- Service Area: Construction & Engineering
Avoiding common pitfalls on construction projects - our top tips
The purpose of any good construction contract is to define scope, allocate risk, fix price, and set out change management processes to deal with the realities of any construction project. However, all too often, parties encounter common pitfalls which introduce avoidable uncertainty or risk and can ultimately hurt their bottom line.
Our seminar will go through our top tips to avoid those common pitfalls, during the set up of project documentation, delivery of the project, and where disputes arise.
Amongst other matters, we will focus on;
• Issues arising from common mistakes when completing the particulars of standard form contracts
• How to deal properly with suspension or termination notices
• The landmark case law on interim payment disputes and “slam dunk” adjudications based on defective payment / pay less notices.
8:00am Registration with tea, coffee and bacon baps
8:30am Seminar to start
10:00am Seminar to finish