- Date: Jun 21, 2018
- Time: 8:00am - 10:30am
- Location: Bridgewood Manor, Bridgewood Roundabout, Walderslade Woods, Chatham, Kent, ME5 9AX
- Service Area: Acquisitions & disposals Corporate transactions Mergers and acquisitions
This seminar will be discussing some of the key factors involved in effective acquisition, funding for growth and exit strategies, as part of Thomson Snell & Passmore's Connect Seminar programme. We will also have guest speakers from BGF and McBrides Chartered Accountants.
This seminar is aimed at private limited companies and owner managed businesses/family businesses. We will aim to consider the different stages of the business cycle, and answer some key questions to enable you to formulate a clear strategy for your business.
Joanne Gallagher, Partner and Head of Corporate & Commercial, will discuss the acquisition aspects including the following topics:
- Reasons to acquire?
- Types of Acquisitions – Share Purchase vs Asset Purchase;
- Structure of a Typical M&A Transaction;
- and Post Acquisition Integration to Enable Growth.
Funding for Growth
Laura Cockburn, Direct Origination at BGF, will discuss the growth aspects including the following:
- What is BGF?
- Different types of funding
- Case studies
Nigel Kimber, Corporate Finance Partner at McBrides, will discuss exit strategies including:
- The options for exit and deciding the best one for you
- Current M&A market climate
- Preparing you and your business
- It’s all about the numbers – the parameters for valuing a company
- What next post-exit?
8:00am Registration with tea, coffee and bacon baps
8:30am Seminar to start
10:00am Seminar to finish