This includes planning, infrastructure issues, financing, overage agreements option and pre-emption agreements and plot sales.
Our team is highly regarded for the depth of its expertise. The team head, Gilbert Green, is recognised in Chambers Directory as an industry leader.
Our team provides specialist expertise in connection with joint venture and partnership arrangements, promotion agreements, the acquisition of strategic land, equalisation agreements and overage/clawback arrangements.
- Purchase of land for development – acting for landowners, builders and developers on the sale or purchase of land for development, including options, conditional contracts and participation agreements
- Infrastructure agreements – negotiation of agreements for the construction and adoption of roads, sewers and other infrastructure
- Site assembly – acting for builders and developers on the acquisition of strategic land for future development, including equalisation agreements, joint ventures and long term options
- Land promotion – working (often as part of a team with an agent, a planner and other professionals) to promote land in emerging statutory and local plans including representations at consultation stages and at enquiries
- Plot sales/new homes – the setting up of selling/letting schemes, including management companies or residents associations, and the sale or letting of new residential or commercial units.
The team also works closely with our specialist construction lawyers.
For further information please contact one of the team.