Our expertise in ecommerce
Ecommerce is becoming increasingly heavily regulated. When you trade online you need to be compliant with many sets of regulations. The international nature of many ecommerce operations adds an extra layer of complexity. We work with large and small organisations on international as well as domestic issues.
Our team advises on a wide range of issues, including:
- The preparation of website terms and conditions of supply for business-to-business and business-to-consumer contracts
- The impact of rules relating to e-commerce and distance selling, including consumer protection legislation
- Data protection and privacy policies
- Online payment systems and contracts with payment service providers
- Website design, hosting and maintenance
- Domain names and cybersquatting
- Competition law
- Jurisdiction and governing law issues
- Security issues
- Other IT related issues.
Vital to our ecommerce work is an in-depth understanding of the industry, the commercial conditions under which you operate and your strategic objectives. We make sure your contract documentation reflects your objectives, minimises the risks, and enables you to operate cost-effectively and remain compliant.
Our solutions provide you with a robust and commercially appropriate contractual framework designed to enhance your business relationships. Ecommerce contracts are structured, negotiated and drafted in a way that makes it practical for you to operate effectively on a day-to-day basis.
Where there are international issues, we can call upon our international network of partner firms to steer you through the many local differences that complicate ecommerce worldwide.