We have extensive experience advising clients in connection with all aspects of their IT transactions, including negotiating the required contract documentation, and providing guidance on risk and compliance.
Our expertise in data protection and privacy law
IT law is a complex and fast-changing area where governance is increasing. We advise owner managed businesses and larger organisations across a number of key sectors.
Our team advises on a wide range of issues, including:
- Outsourcing agreements for IT support, managed services and transaction processing
- Software development, licensing and maintenance agreements
- Website development and hosting agreements
- Framing and linking agreements
- Acceptable use policies
- Cloud computing issues
- Online terms of business and privacy policies
- Data protection and intellectual property rights in the context of website content
- Protecting website content and taking action against copycats and other intellectual property infringers
- Domain names including ownership issues such as cybersquatting and gripe sites
- Security issues.
Vital to our IT work is an in-depth understanding of the industry, the commercial conditions under which you operate and your strategic objectives. We make sure your contract documentation reflects your objectives, minimises the risks, and enables you to operate cost-effectively and remain compliant.
Our solutions provide you with a robust and commercially appropriate framework designed to enhance your business relationship. IT contracts are structured, negotiated and drafted in a way that makes it practical for you to operate effectively on a day-to-day basis.
Where there are international issues, we can call upon our international network of partner firms to steer you through the many local differences that complicate IT law worldwide.