Contact one of our specialist lawyers for a free initial consultation to find out if we can investigate your case with the financial security of a no win no fee agreement.
If you or someone you know has been affected by a brain injury, our brain injury care guide contains a wealth of useful information on the help available.
Types of brain injury claims
Our lawyers deal with a broad range of clinical negligence cases on behalf of adults and children involving brain injury including birth injury and cerebral palsy claims, stroke cases and brain injuries acquired through aneurysms and brain tumours. The claims include injuries caused by negligently performed surgery, delays in diagnosis and errors in the medical management of conditions such as meningitis, encephalitis and sepsis. We also deal with cases where patients have had a fall in a care home or hospital and sustained a head injury.
What compensation can you claim following a brain injury?
Additional to the compensation that can be recovered at the conclusion of the clinical negligence claim, money can be requested during the course of the claim to fund rehabilitation as well as:
• Compensation can be due for physical or psychological damage or both
• Compensation for the pain and suffering caused by your injuries and the things you need as a result of your brain injury
• Compensation for financial loss such as. Loss of earnings and the cost of paying carers or support workers.
The amount of compensation depends on:
• The seriousness of the brain injury
• The extent the financial loss
• The support required for the future.
The symptoms of acquired brain injury are unique to each individual. They can include problems with memory, concentration, speech, mobility, and personality and behavioural changes. A range of specialist doctors and therapists are required to properly assess the injuries for the purposes of the claim.
• This kind of compensation claim is complex and requires a personal injury lawyer with specialist experience in the area of brain injuries and an understanding of the ongoing implications for people’s lives.
How our clinical negligence lawyers can help with a brain injury compensation claims
• Our team has many years’ experience and specialist knowledge pursuing claims for adults and children who have suffered brain injuries
• Our department and lawyers are highly ranked by two of the most prestigious independent guides to the legal profession "Chambers and Partners" and "The Legal 500", so you will always have an industry expert dealing with your case
• The breadth of experience in our team means it is likely that we have already recovered compensation in similar circumstances to yours
• We actively support and are on the approved lawyer lists of Headway (the national charity for adults with brain injury) and the Child Brain Injury Trust
• We are approved UKABIF lawyers. Many of our lawyers are involved in KABIF (Kent Brain Injury Forum), a regional group of UKABIF
• We work in a supportive, considered and clear way, and are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome to secure our clients’ long-term welfare
• We can help you with applications to the Court of Protection for appointing a deputy to manage the money of someone who has suffered brain injury or for setting up a personal injury trust.
Free initial consultation
Contact our team of specialist clinical negligence lawyers for a free, no obligation, consultation and we will listen to the circumstances of your accident before giving you clear advice on the chance of you recovering compensation. If we think you have a claim we can investigate your case using the financial security of a no win no fee agreement.