Contact one of our specialist lawyers for a free initial consultation to find out if we can investigate your case with the financial security of a no win no fee agreement.
When can you make a compensation claim for cerebral palsy?
Life with a child with cerebral palsy has a profound impact on the whole family. Ensuring the right amount of compensation is paid can give someone access to the support they need throughout their lives and ease the care load for loved ones.
Our overriding aim is to protect the interests of you and your child and achieve the most advantageous outcome for the long term. We make sure your case is fully investigated and guide you carefully through each step of the claim process.
Around 10% of children with cerebral palsy develop the condition as a result of birth injury. Cerebral palsy claims can be complicated and require a clinical negligence lawyer with specialist expertise and experience in this area. Visit our birth injury page for information on claiming for other types of birth injury.
Cerebral palsy claims can arise for many reasons, including:
- Delay in delivery causing lack of oxygen during the birth
- Failure to diagnose or treat low blood sugar
- Failure to diagnose or treat jaundice.
How our clinical negligence lawyers can help with a cerebral palsy claim:
- The size of our clinical negligence team and the breadth of our knowledge in cerebral palsy compensation claims means it is likely that we have already recovered compensation in a case with similar circumstances to yours
- Providing a personal service and acting with sensitivity is important to us
- We can help you find out why the system has failed you and what went wrong to prevent the same thing happening to somebody else
- Cerebral palsy compensation cases are complex and require high levels of expertise. We work with a team of specialists including:
- the best independent case managers and consultants in the country
- barristers known for their expertise in cerebral palsy clinical negligence
- clinical negligence lawyers with experience in cerebral palsy claims
- We can help you with applications to the Court of Protection for appointing a Deputy to manage the money of someone who has suffered cerebral palsy as a result of a birth injury or for setting up a personal injury trust
- Our lawyers are specialists in medical negligence cases and our clinical negligence team is one of the most established teams in the country
- We are highly ranked by two of the most prestigious, independent guides to the legal profession 'Chambers and Partners' and 'The Legal 500'
Free initial consultation
Contact our team of specialist lawyers for a free, no obligation, consultation and we will listen to the circumstances of your medical treatment, and give you clear advice on the chances of you receiving compensation in a clinical negligence claim. If we think you have a claim, we can investigate your case using the financial security of a no win no fee agreement.
Call us on 01892 510 000 or fill in our short enquiry form and we will assess your cerebral palsy compensation claim.