When can you make a compensation claim for negligent eye surgery or ophthalmic treatment?
The risks of eye surgery are usually low but when complications occur it can lead to devastating long term problems. Delay in diagnosis and misdiagnosis during ophthalmic treatment can also be grounds for a compensation claim.
Many different eye related compensation claims can arise including:
- Total blindness
- Complete loss of an eye
- Loss of sight in one eye
- Retinal detachment
- Posterior vitreous detachment
- Double vision
- 4th nerve (trochlear nerve) injuries
- Discharging patients without a diagnosis
- Delay in diagnosis of retinal tears
- Misdiagnosis of retinal tears and detachment
- Negligent laser (lasik) surgery
- Delay in diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma.
You can also bring an eye related claim on behalf of a child.
How we can help you with your negligent eye surgery or eye treatment compensation claim
- The size of our clinical negligence team and the breadth of our knowledge in eye related compensation claims means it is likely that we have already succeeded in recovering compensation in similar circumstances to yours. We have dealt with a huge number and variety of eye surgery and negligent ophthalmic treatment claims
- Our overriding aim is to protect your interests and achieve the most advantageous outcome for the long term. We make sure your case is fully investigated and guide you carefully through each step of the claim process
- Giving personal service and acting with sensitivity are important to us
- We can help you find out why the system has failed you and what went wrong. Or prevent the same thing happening to somebody else
- Eye related compensation claims require high levels of expertise. We create a team of specialists including:
- the best independent ophthalmic consultants in the country
- barristers known for their expertise in eye related clinical negligence work
- clinical negligence lawyers with experience in eye related claims.
- We are high ranked by two of the most prestigious, independent guides to the legal profession 'Chambers and Partners' and 'The Legal 500'.
Free initial consultation
Contact one of our team of specialist lawyers for a free, no obligation, consultation and we will listen to the circumstances of your medical treatment, and give you clear advice on the chances of your receiving compensation in a clinical negligence claim. If we think you have a claim, we can investigate your case using the financial security of a no win no fee arrangement.
Call us ON 01892 510000 or fill in our short enquiry form and we will assess your eye related compensation claim.