For most people, the phrase “contentious trusts and probate” is intimidating. Unfortunately, disputes over inheritance or wealth held in a trust are not rare. No dispute is easy or pleasant. When you add to the dispute the extreme emotions connected with the death of a family member or a loved one, this escalates the dispute into a conflict. Add to the conflict the unusual sounding, complicated language filled with unfamiliar terms that this area of law lends itself to, and you have a recipe for a conflict that seems just impossible to resolve.
Our specialist team deals with all sort of trusts and estates in dispute, including complex trusts and estates. We act in disputes between trustees and beneficiaries, bereaved siblings, those inheriting and those in charge of trusts or estates. We particularly specialise in dealing with trusts and estates that involve rural property and those that have assets located in different countries or multiple jurisdictions.
We can help with:
- Disputes over wills
- Disputes over trusts
- Claims under Inheritance (Provision for Family Dependants) Act 1975
- Disagreements with those managing wills or trusts
- Removals of Personal Representatives or trustees
- Proprietary estoppel and constructive trust claims
- Administration of estates and trusts entangled in disputes, including independent administration services
- A whole range of other contentious probate applications including, citations, subpoenas, Beddoe relief, applications for blessing of the fiduciary's decisions
- Representation of minors and disabled in applications for variation of trust documents
- Professional negligence matters relating to any of the above.