Expert witness services
Accurately assessing damages relating to future Court of Protection costs is important whether you are acting for a claimant or defendant. We can provide the following expert witness services:
- Provide expert witness statements for claimant lawyers outlining the professional fees and Court of Protection costs likely to be incurred - whether a lay or professional deputy is to be appointed
- Provide expert witness statements for defendant lawyers that assess and comment on the reasonableness of a claim for professional fees and Court of Protection costs
- Prepare informal assessments and expert witness reports on Court of Protection costs for defendant lawyers, where formal statements for service are not required
- Act as a joint expert for either claimant or defendant
- Attend court to provide evidence
Our Court of Protection expertise
- We have one of the largest specialist Court of Protection teams in the country, enabling us to provide the best Court of Protection service available
- We understand that there is often the need to obtain last minute expert witness reports for service and we can respond quickly to requests for statements and reports
- We are experts in this complex area of law, with many years of experience dealing with Court of Protection matters between us
- We have particular experience in dealing with Court of Protection issues for severely disabled clients (including clients with brain injuries and birth injuries). We also manage the affairs of many clients in their later life or those with dementia.
See our information sheet: Court of Protection expert witness service
Call Brian Bacon on 01892 701275 to discuss our expert witness service for Court of Protection cases.