Highly experienced contentious probate lawyers
For most people, the phrase “contentious trusts and probate” is intimidating. Unfortunately, inheritance disputes or disagreements over wealth held in a trust are not rare. No dispute is easy or pleasant, but inheritance disputes can be especially difficult for families. When you add to the dispute the extreme emotions connected with the death of a family member or a loved one, this escalates the dispute into a conflict. Add to the conflict the unusual sounding, complicated language filled with unfamiliar terms that this area of law lends itself to, and you have a recipe for a conflict that seems just impossible to resolve.
Our specialist team of contentious probate lawyers deals with all sorts of trusts and estates in dispute, including complex trusts and estates. We act in disputes between trustees and beneficiaries, bereaved siblings, those inheriting and those in charge of trusts or estates. We particularly specialise in dealing with trusts and estates that involve rural property and those that have assets located in different countries or multiple jurisdictions but rest assured that our contentious probate lawyers are well equipped to provide you with support on any type of issue.
Our contentious probate lawyers can help with:
- Disputes over wills and inheritance disputes
- Disputes over trusts
- Claims under Inheritance (Provision for Family Dependants) Act 1975
- Disagreements with those managing wills or trusts
- Removal of Personal Representatives or trustees
- Proprietary estoppel and constructive trust claims
- Administration of estates and trusts entangled in disputes, including independent administration services
- A whole range of other contentious probate applications including, citations, subpoenas, Beddoe relief and applications for blessing of the fiduciary's decisions
- Representation of minors and disabled people in applications for variation of trust documents or in any dispute
- Professional negligence matters relating to any of the above.
If you require sound and understanding advice on any of these matters, get in touch with our contentious probate lawyers today.