Our team of domestic violence lawyers can help
If you have experienced domestic violence, or have been wrongly accused of domestic violence, our team of specialist family lawyers can help to advise and protect you and your family. We can also refer you to local counselling and support services if necessary.
We will discuss these issues sensitively with you and advise you whether it is necessary for you to seek protection under the Family Law Act 1996, often as quickly as possible. We can help you by:
• Applying for a non-molestation order to help protect you from violence, harassment or threatening behaviour;
• Applying for an occupation order to stop somebody living in, entering or coming near your home;
• Taking steps to help you ensure the safety of your children from violent behavior;
• Applying for a divorce from a partner who has been abusive and dealing with the associated financial arrangements; and
• Responding to an application for a non-molestation order or occupation order made against you.
Applications for Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
We can act for you in preparing the necessary paperwork for these applications and guide you through the Court process. We can also communicate with your spouse or partner on your behalf, if you do not wish to communicate with them directly.
For further information please contact one of the team.