Specialist will dispute lawyers in Kent
A will is no ordinary document. It is the expression of the last, yet most important decision anyone can ever make. It disposes of everything a person has had and can sometimes result in a will dispute. The extraordinary nature of what a will is, means that when it comes to doubts or disagreement over a will’s validity or effect, you want to be sure that the adviser you have on your side is a true specialist. Your adviser must be able to fight your corner when it comes to a will dispute, yet they must also understand and appreciate not only the issues, but also the emotions and relationships at stake. Our will dispute lawyers are not only highly experienced in this area, but handle the matter with understanding and sensitivity.
What kind of will disputes can arise?
Disputes in relation to wills can arise for a variety of reasons:
• A will cannot be found
• You think the will you found is wrong
• You are not sure if the will is valid
• There are doubts about whether the person who made the will (testator) had the mental capacity to create such an important document.
• There are doubts about whether the testator knew and approved the will
• There is a suspicion that others influenced the decisions of the person making the will.
• There is a suspicion the will has been forged or planted after the testator’s death
• The will is unclear due to the will writer’s mistake or a clerical error.
Our expert will dispute lawyers for people in all of the above listed circumstances. We act for those wishing to contest a will and those wishing to prove that the will is valid (i.e. wishing to propound the will). We represent beneficiaries in disputes, but also those who are named in the will as executors. We also act as independent administrators in cases where disputes take too long to resolve or end with the removal of executors.
If you are part of a will dispute during the probate process, you can read more on our contentious probate page.
Estates which are large and complex are more likely to be in dispute. However, our will dispute lawyers act in disputes of all shapes and sizes, including those where assets are in different jurisdictions or involve agricultural land.
In addition, we work closely with our specialist Wills, Probate, Trusts and Tax Planning team, we advise on preventative measures that can be taken by clients to try to avoid such disputes. Get in touch with our team of will dispute lawyers for assistance today.