Trust fund creation lawyers offering expert advice
A trust is a legal arrangement where 'trustees' hold assets for the benefit of 'beneficiaries'. Trustees should be aware of a trustee's duties and powers. If you're looking for more information about creating a trust, we are here to help.
A trust can:
- Play an important role in estate planning and saving tax
- Provide a flexible way of looking after assets for those who cannot do so themselves
- Protect assets in the event of divorce or financial difficulties
- Ensure that your assets are distributed as you wish, before or after your death
- Be used for charity governing documents
- Protect means-tested benefits.
We can deal with the creation of trusts, including:
- Discretionary trusts
- Life interest trusts
- Bare trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Trusts for death benefits (see our death benefits trust instruction form)
- Personal injury trusts
- Discretionary trusts in wills.
We can also advise on the Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax implications of setting up a trust, and assist trustees with trust management.
For further information please contact one of the team.