Our specialist Trust Fund team looks after the administration, accounting, management and taxation aspects of running a trust.
In addition to advice on trust creation, we can provide a trust management support service to the trustees of pre-existing and newly established trusts.
Our Trust Management Services:
- Advising on a trustee's duties and powers and the requirements of the Trustee Act 2000
- Assisting with the choice and monitoring of an investment adviser
- Preparing trust accounts and financial statements
- Managing the trust's tax affairs and preparing the annual tax return
- Calculating and paying tax liabilities
- Advising on tax savings for trustees and tax implications for beneficiaries
- Advising on tax changes including improving the income tax treatment of discretionary trusts
- Arranging the collection of income, asset sales and purchases, cash movements and other transactions
- Making distributions of income and capital and preparing relevant deeds and trustee resolutions
- Preparing Inheritance Tax accounts for periodic and exit charges
- Advising on the ownership and occupation of residential property
- Retiring and appointing trustees
- Winding up the trust.
For further information please contact one of our Trust Management lawyers below.