Without a will, the rules concerning distribution on intestacy will determine what happens to your assets when you die. These may leave your dependants with unforeseen tax or other problems. This could mean that your intended beneficiaries do not inherit from your estate. It could also result in a substantial bill and other problems.
We can advise on all aspects of will making and succession to assets on death including:
- Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and probate disputes
- Inheritance Tax - efficient wills
- Advantages of nil rate band discretionary trusts in wills for spouses or civil partners and other types of trust in appropriate cases
- Arrangements for jointly owned property
- Domicile residence and nationality
- Matters relevant to foreign nationals owning assets in the UK
- Impact on other elements of your estate planning.
To determine which service is right for you, please read our helpful guide 'Will and estate planning services' and/or complete our 'Will instruction form' to enable a member of our team will contact you.
Alternatively, if you are wondering whether you need to make a will please refer to our information sheet about 'Making your Will'
For further help or information please contact one of the team.