This is information which the Provision of Services Regulations 2009 requires us to give.
Name and legal status
The firm is called Thomson Snell & Passmore LLP. It is a Limited Liability Partnership established in England and Wales under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2000 with registration number OC394428. A list of our members (and of non-members who are designated as partners) can be inspected at our offices or is available upon request.
The firm's main place of business and registered office is at Heathervale House, 2-4 Vale Avenue, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1DJ. Contact us there or using these additional contact details:
Telephone: +44 (0)1892 510000
Fax: +44 (0)1892 549884
DX: 3914 Tunbridge Wells 1
We are registered in England and Wales with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), which is the independent regulatory arm of our professional body, the Law Society. Our SRA number is 615534. We are authorised and regulated by the SRA and must comply with the SRA Standards and Regulations and other regulations, details of which can be found, in English, at the SRA website.
Regulation of Insurance Activity
We are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). However, we are included on the register maintained by the FCA so that we can carry on insurance distribution activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the FCA website.
Legal terms and conditions
The terms and conditions which will apply to any work which we do for you will vary depending on the type of work. They will be sent to you with our engagement letter. If you want to see the terms and conditions before you instruct us, please ask for a copy from the person with whom you are dealing.
All of our contracts for legal services are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Professional liability insurance
We have professional indemnity insurance, as required by the SRA, under policy number FINPL1900135. with AVIVA Insurance LTD, whose registered office address is at Pitheavlis, Perth, PH2 0NH. Our policy covers the part of our practice that is carried on at our offices in England.
Thomson Snell & Passmore LLP is VAT registered with number GB 210327030.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of our client’s information. We are however aware of the possibility of Cyber Crime and the sending of emails, designed to look like genuine communications from Thomson Snell & Passmore, when in fact they are not and have been sent by an unknown and unrelated third party as a scam. If you are in any doubt about a communication you have received please do not respond and do not open any attachments. You should speak with your contact at the firm or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By informing us of any concerns you will help us to reduce the risk of fraudulent activity.
- We try to resolve complaints quickly and directly with you. If you have a complaint, please contact the person you are dealing with at the firm and provide them with full details of the issues you would like us to consider. Please click here for a copy of our client’s complaints procedure. If you require a hard copy then we can provide one on request
- If we cannot resolve a complaint, the SRA and the Legal Ombudsman provide resolution services for certain types of complaint. Please note that complaints to be processed by the Legal Ombudsman should normally be made within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
- For details on how to contact the Legal Ombudsman or the SRA please refer to the attached complaints procedure or visit their website using the above links.
- We will deal with complaints from third parties in a similar manner to our client process. A third party is any person, including solicitors, who are not a client of the firm. Escalation to the Legal Ombudsman may not be applicable in all third party complaints and we can advise you at the time you raise a complaint. Please note our duty of confidentiality to our clients will remain of the upmost importance.
- In order to deal effectively with your complaint, we will process your data in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
© 2015 Thomson Snell & Passmore LLP Heathervale House, 2-4 Vale Avenue, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1DJ
All rights reserved.
Tel: +44 (0) 1892 510000 Fax: +44 (0) 1892 549884