At the beginning of this year we considered writing a number of articles on the life-cycle of an employer to help our clients with a number of common issues that cropped up during this process.
COVID-19 put a bit of a spanner in the works and so, instead of starting off these articles with recruitment, we thought that it would be most helpful to discuss redundancy before moving on to other issues.
The intention behind these articles is to help our clients and readership bounce back better from COVID-19 and ensure that the processes and procedures are as good as they can be. We will be covering a number of topics as set out below:-
We will be covering number of topics, each one is a hyperlink.
- settlement agreements;
- sickness absence and ill-health capability / disability;
- disciplinary issues;
- the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE);
- parental leave and gender pay gap;
- employment status and having an appropriate contract in place; and
- a ‘typical’ employment tribunal process.
All of our articles will follow the same format, split into three parts:-
- a short piece on redundancy generally;
- a brief story of a hypothetical employer; and
- our review of what went well and areas for improvement arising from the story.