Specialisms & expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business and asset acquisitions / sales
- Share sales / purchases (including buybacks)
- Fundraising (seed to secondary fundraising)
- Bespoke shareholder agreements and articles of association
- Share option schemes including EMI schemes
- Company formation and restoration
- Governance of private limited companies
- Governance of not-for-profit organisations
- Lending and security (private and commercial).
Client stories & examples of work
- Advised major Costa Coffee franchisee on sale of fourteen trading Costa Coffee stores across Surrey and Kent
- Advised Kent-based electrical engineering service provider on its merger with a renewable energy installation company
- Advised global listed security company on its acquisition of a Northern Irish competitor
- Advised on the acquisition of a private dental practice
- Assisted with the sale of a group of private care homes to the market leader in the residential care sector
- Assisted with the sale of the business and assets of a data storage and document management company to an AIM quoted support services company
- Advised on a secondary fundraising for a British film maker and US producer on their latest feature film
- Advised on a seed fundraising for a price comparison IT business
- Assisting with the restructuring of an international group in the sports promotion sector
- Advising recruitment agency on a share buyback and subsequent restructure and accompanying shareholder agreement.
Types of client
Alex has undertaken work for businesses of all sizes, from listed market leaders to smaller owner-managed businesses in a variety of sectors.
Achievements & other appointments
- Mentor for students at the University of Kent
- Kent Junior Lawyers Division Committee Member.
Alex qualified as a solicitor in September 2014 initially practising employment law before joining Morrisons Solicitors Wimbledon office as a corporate lawyer in April 2015. He joined Thomson Snell & Passmore’s corporate team in January 2018. Alex obtained a law degree from the University of Kent in Canterbury. Following graduation, he studied the legal practice course at Kaplan Law School in London.