Specialisms & expertise
Alexander is described by clients as client focused, quick to respond, clear and concise.
Alexander provides advice and support to clients on all aspects of employment work. He is the first point of contact for general employment enquiries and supports our annual fixed fee telephone advice line clients with general day-to-day HR and employment enquiries. He also supports our corporate colleagues in M&A and transactional work and is part of our Construction Sector team.
Alex is particularly interested in TUPE and Data Protection and is conducting more and more work in these specialist areas.
Client stories & examples of work
Recent work that Alex has worked on includes:
- Advising an education client in respect of and dealing with a complex and difficult subject access request which involved a significant volume of documentation.
- Drafting privacy notices, staff handbooks and contracts of employment for a number of commercial clients.
- Advising commercial clients on claims made by former employers, including drafting the response forms to tribunal and drafting witness statements.
- Working on and day-to-day responsibility for an employment tribunal claim where we acted for one of our commercial clients to defend employment tribunal proceedings brought against it for unfair dismissal through to successfully negotiating a very low commercial settlement.
- Advising employees in relation to settlement agreements and potential claims against their employers, including constructive unfair dismissal and trying to obtain the highest settlement for his clients.
Types of client
Alexander acts for corporate and individual clients and has a growing portfolio of clients in the construction sector.
Alex graduated from Teesside University with a degree in Law and completed the Legal Practice Course at Northumbria University.
He worked in-house in the commercial department of a national engineering and construction company before working as a paralegal in the employment department of a national firm in Wimbledon.
Alexander joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in September 2015 and became a Chartered Legal Executive with CILEx in December 2017.