Specialisms & expertise
- All aspects of commercial leasehold acquisitions and disposals-acting for both occupiers and owners with a particular interest in leisure and retail
- Capital transactions, selling and buying restaurants and pubs, retail, office and industrial buildings
- Advising on all aspects of non contentious landlord and tenant work
- All aspects of property finance and refinancing including CLLS certificates
- Advising on property aspects of corporate transactions
- Portfolio and estate management.
Client stories & examples of work
- Acting for Danish restaurant chain, Sticks'n'Sushi on all of their UK restaurant acquisitions including premises of Nova Victoria, Kings Road, London and Westgate, Oxford
- Acting for another well known restaurant chain on more than 40 acquisitions in high street properties and destination shopping centres such as Trinity Leeds and Westfield
- Acting for major institutional investors, pension funds developers and shopping centre owners on retail lettings including leading a team on an important regional shopping centre with more than 120 units
- Acting for pension funds on development agreements
- Acting for institutional investors on office lettings
- Acting for national and government departments on significant office leasehold acquisitions and related sub lettings
- Acting for a university on the grant of a building agreement for lease and subsequent letting
- Working on and leading teams of lawyers on large scale due diligence projects.
Types of client
- Institutional investors
- Government departments and other public sector bodies such as housing associations
- Corporate occupiers
- Charities including educational institutions
Achievements & other appointments
- Member LPF (Leisure Property Forum)
- Manages our relationship with AIR (Alliance of Independent Restaurants)
- Founding member CRELA (Commercial Real Estate Legal Association)
- “Professionalism, knowledge and ability to find a working solution is second-to-none” (The Legal 500 2017).
Alisa qualified in 1994 and worked for a local firm before joining first Vizards in Holborn and then Dechert (formerly known as Titmuss Sainer and Webb). Alisa then joined local firm, Cripps, in 2004 where she was appointed to partner in 2007. She joined Thomson Snell and Passmore as a partner in 2015.