Specialisms & expertise
- Advising employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants.
- Advising on procurement methods; drafting and negotiating building and engineering contracts, collateral warranties, bonds, guarantees and other similar associated documentation as well as professional appointments for consultants.
- Advising on construction disputes (adjudication and litigation).
Client stories & examples of work
- Assisting with the drafting of construction documents (e.g. letters of appointment for consultants and collateral warranties) for a well-known motorcar retailer on several multi-million pound projects;
- Drafting construction documents and assisting throughout the project for disability adaptations to homes for numerous Court of Protection clients;
- Assisting on a successful adjudication for a Contractor against a private Developer;
- Generally reviewing and advising on building and engineering contracts and associated documentations for a range of clients;
- Successfully negotiating settlement on a number of disputes at an early stage for both Employer and the Contractor.
Types of client
Alison acts for a wide range of clients including but not limited to; funders, protected parties under the Court of Protection, developers, main contractors, subcontractors, professional consultants and individuals.
Alison graduated from the University of Westminster in 2013, having completed the Law LLB degree and then she completed the accelerated Legal Practice Course at the University of Law (London) in 2014. She worked as a paralegal at a London law firm and then commenced her training contract with an in-house legal team. Alison was admitted as a solicitor on the 1 August 2019 and joined the Construction and Engineering team at the firm.