Specialisms & expertise
- Enfranchisement and statutory lease extensions
- Contested and non contested lease renewals under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Possession claims both residential and commercial properties
- Adverse possession claims
- Disputes relating to easements e.g. rights of way
- Boundary disputes and trespass and nuisance claims
- Contract disputes relating to property e.g. misrepresentation, failure to complete and breach of restrictive covenants.
Client stories & examples of work
- Acting for a group of property owners in connection with the enforcement of a restrictive covenant preventing neighbouring land from being used for housing development
- Acting for a corporate client with a large property portfolio in connection with enfranchisement and lease extension claims made by their lessees under the Housing & Urban Development Act 1993
- Advising in connection with the development of a commercial site and the service of notices under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 opposing the grant of a new tenancy
- Acting for clients in connection with a boundary dispute also involving drainage rights and adverse possession.
Types of client
- Commercial and residential landlords and tenants
- Commercial and private landowners
- Charites and schools.
Achievements & other apppointments
Alison is a member of the Property Litigation Association and a foundation governor at a local primary school.
Alison joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2014.