Specialisms & expertise
- Advising on and preparing a range of deputyship and other Court of Protection applications, including Statutory Will applications
- Managing clients’ financial affairs where they have appointed a professional attorney or deputy and liaising with the client, their family and friends to ensure their needs are met, with particular involvement in cases concerning high value damages awards for children and adults with severe acquired brain injuries
- Working closely with personal injury and clinical negligence lawyers, case managers, care teams and all other professionals involved in the client’s care
- Liaising with investment advisors and asset management companies regarding investing the client’s funds into a long term investment portfolio
- Advising on the duties and responsibilities of deputies and attorneys
Achievements & other appointments
The Private Client team provides a full range of private client services and is recognised by Chambers UK for its “niche expertise in acting for vulnerable or incapacitated clients”. The Court of Protection team specifically were recently named by the Legal 500 as a “Firm of the Year” stating that the team “stands out for the sheer breadth and sophistication of its practice”.
Annika graduated from Bournemouth University with a 2:1 honours degree in Forensic and Crime Scene Science before going on to complete the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London. Annika joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2020, having trained with a regional firm in East Sussex where she gained over 2 years post-qualified experience advising on matters concerning children and adults with acquired brain injuries as well as elderly and vulnerable clients.