Specialisms & expertise
- Assisting clients and families with managing their affairs with empathy and tact
- Preparing applications to the Court of Protection in relation to appointment of Deputies or Trustees
- Administration of financial affairs for Deputies, Attorneys and Trustees
- Drafting and registering Powers of Attorney
- Liaising with care homes and local authorities in respect of care funding and entitlements
- Regular contact with relatives, carers, social workers and other professionals regarding best interests decisions
- Claiming and reviewing benefit entitlements
- Liaising with investment advisors and asset management companies for long term financial planning.
Carrie has worked within the legal profession for over 11 ½ years and now works as part of the Court of Protection team primarily concentrating on Elderly Client Law.
She started out her career working as a legal secretary/PA in a law costs drafting firm for the Managing Director. Since then, Carrie has gained invaluable knowledge and skills throughout her years working within regional law firms.
Carrie has achieved a paralegal qualification through the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEX) and holds the Certificate in Practice of Law for the Elderly Client.
She has a keen interest in supporting and helping vulnerable people and their families with the legal and practical issues that need to be addressed under the Mental Capacity Act. Carrie’s clients are predominantly elderly and have been diagnosed with Dementia. She also acts for young adults who suffer from an acquired brain injury.