Specialisms & expertise
• Acting for investment and high street banks in connection with secured lending and development finance
• Property portfolio management
• Advising on the property aspects of corporate transactions, including sales and acquisitions
• Assisting association of private members clubs, both Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and unincorporated associations on all property and trust related matters including first registrations.
Client stories & examples of work
• Acting for lender in the acquisition of land for residential development, involving option agreements and build contracts with a GDV of over £3,000,000
• Assisting with the portfolio management of a large company who is a household name, involving the grant and assignment of leases and licences
• Advising an Association to which over 1500 private members Clubs are affiliated in respect of all of its property related needs, including complex first registrations.
Catherine graduated with a history degree from the University of Leeds and then went on to complete the Graduate Diploma in Law at the University of Sussex, passing with distinction. She then went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at University of Law, where she was again awarded a distinction.
Whilst studying, Catherine proactively volunteered with the Free Representation Unit, offering legal advice and representing individuals in tribunals who could not afford legal representation. She also assisted with the University of Sussex Innocence Project, reviewing cases of those who claimed they have been wrongly convicted. During her training contract she assisted with the Citizens Advice Bureau and was part of a team who organised a quiz night in aid of the charity Shelter.