Specialisms & expertise
Charlie has experience working on a wide range of domestic commercial disputes, including:
- High value debt recovery;
- Contractual disputes;
- Professional negligence claims;
- Shareholder / Partnership disputes;
- Claims against directors for breach of duties;
- Intellectual property disputes; and
- Defending claims brought by insolvency practitioners.
Charlie also has experience in assisting with international commercial disputes arising from international trade and the sale of goods, such as:
- Acting for Russian owners in arbitration with a ship yard pursuant to ICC Rules;
- Acting for commodity traders in two liked arbitrations under LCIA rules.
Charlie has had increasing involvement with arbitrations subject to the rules of commodity trade associations such as GAFTA and recently attended the Know Your GAFTA Contracts Online course and passed the associated assessment.
Charlie graduated with a First Class law degree from the University of Liverpool and completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law at the London Bloomsbury campus, achieving a Distinction.
Charlie trained with the firm and joined Thomson Snell & Passmore’s Dispute Resolution department upon qualification in September 2020.