Specialisms & expertise
- Tax Planning
- Powers of Attorney
Client stories & examples of work
- Providing advice on all aspects of inheritance tax, including arrangements to minimise potential tax liabilities
- Advising on the creation, administration and termination of trusts, including tax implications
- Estate planning for individuals and families, including the preparation of wills and advice relating to lifetime gifts
- Advising clients on the international aspects of tax and estate planning including residence and domicile
- Advising individuals on their charitable giving
- Advising charities on a broad range of matters including incorporation, merging with other charities and amending their constitutional documents.
Achievements and other appointments
Clare is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Planning (STEP) and is also listed as a Citywealth Leader
Clare studied Law with American Law (LLB) at Nottingham University and the University of Texas, Austin. She also completed the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School.
Clare trained at City firm McDermott, Will & Emery and qualified as a solicitor in 2008. She then spent over five years at the firm where her practice focussed on advising high net worth and ultra high net worth clients on all areas of estate and tax planning.
Clare joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in April 2014.