Specialisms & expertise
- Acting for developers in respect of land acquisition for the purpose of development (by way of unconditional/conditional contracts, options and promotion agreements)
- Advising landowners and promoters on promotion agreements
- Acting for developers in respect of the sale of units to Housing Associations
- Advising clients in respect of development enquiries generally
- Acting for developers in respect of highways and services agreements post-acquisition of a development site
Client stories & examples of work
- Acquisition of sites for residential development
- Acquisition of former school for developer by way of a multi-conditional contract
- Housing Association sales post-acquisition in compliance with Section 106 Agreements
Types of client
- Residential developers
- Landowners, both commercial and individual
Douglas graduated from The University of Exeter with a degree in Law and then went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at City University.
Douglas qualified in 2015 with a city firm before joining Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2019.