Specialisms & expertise
- Estate Administration
- Post death estate planning
- Agricultural and business property relief claims for inheritance tax purposes
- Wills and lifetime succession planning
- Lasting Power of Attorney.
Client stories & examples of work
- Post death planning including deeds of variation, deeds of appointment and assignment of interest
- Successfully claiming agricultural and business property reliefs for farming estates
- Co-ordinating and managing the administration of two related probates involving a landed estate and various connected trusts and advising on various tax implications for the strategy of the future of the estate and trusts
- Advising on the tax implications and preparing the necessary documents to divide estate assets between a number of beneficiaries
- Investigating the income and expenditure of a deceased client to substantiate the claim for relief from inheritance tax for lifetime gifts made from surplus income
- Undertaking estate administration for overseas beneficiaries/executors
- Successfully recovering inheritance tax in the UK where tax has been paid on assets held overseas
- Managing estates which include assets in foreign jurisdictions
- Advising on the distribution or retention of assets within an estate with a potential un-quantified liability
- Advising on Wills and connected lifetime estate planning, particularly in relation to gifts made during lifetime.
Types of client
Esther advises and helps a range of clients, including farmers, elderly and bereaved spouses and busy professional and business people.
Achievements & other appointments
Esther is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Esther qualified as a solicitor in November 2001. Since then she has worked for highly regarded firms in London and the South East. Esther joined us in 2017 from a prominent private client law firm in London.