Fiona qualified as a solicitor in 1992, specialising in both personal injury and clinical negligence litigation.
She is a member of both the Law Society Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme and the Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA) Panel. She is accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) as a clinical negligence specialist and is an assessor for APIL accredited clinical negligence specialists. She strives to demystify the law in order to provide clients with straightforward practical advice and solutions.
Achievements & other appointments
Fiona has been consistently recognised as a leader in the field of claimant clinical negligence litigation by both Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession and by Legal 500. She has been variously described by these directories as;
- proficient and highly personable, held in high regard by clients and peers for her shrewd grasp of the issues
- running a tight ship
- her user friendly demeanour and sympathetic attitude towards her clients was highlighted
- she has been recognised by both her clients and peers as having an extremely strong grasp of the field
- commentators noted her persistence on even the toughest cases
- most recently it has been noted that she knows the right experts to instruct and is very good at client care