Specialisms & expertise
- Deals with construction and engineering disputes through negotiation, alternative dispute resolution, and litigation in the Technology & Construction Court and County Courts
- Providing adjudication support from commencement through to the enforcement of awards
- A range of commercial disputes
- Professional negligence, including claims against solicitors, architects and surveyors
- Deals with planning, party wall and compulsory purchase disputes
Client stories & examples of work
- Acting in relation to numerous defects, valuation and delay claims between contractors, subcontractors, developers and private individuals by way of negotiated outcomes
- Assisting with a high value multi party construction claims including claims for professional negligence as a result of design failings
- Providing support in relation to the international enforcement of a judgment worth in excess of £0.5 million
- Acting for private individuals in relation to claims arising from contractors’ delay and defective workmanship and in relation to a claim in professional negligence against a surveyor
- Acting for limited companies in relation to contract and invoice disputes
Types of client
A range of domestic clients including private individuals, sole traders, limited companies, contractors, specialist subcontractors and developers.
George graduated from Durham University with a first class degree in History. He went on to complete the Graduate Diploma in Law at Northumbria University, achieving a pass with distinction and was awarded the Dickinson Dees Prize for the Most Outstanding Student Performance. George also completed the Legal Practice Course at Northumbria University, achieving a pass with distinction.
He joined Thomson Snell & Passmore as a trainee solicitor in 2013 and went on to qualify in September 2015, taking a permanent seat in the Dispute Resolution team.