Specialisms and expertise
• Intellectual property/information technology
• Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
• Commercial contracts
• Joint ventures
• Data protection and privacy
• General Data Protection Regulation
Past and present projects
• Multi-million dollar acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry*
• Cross-border joint venture including supply and distribution arrangements in the chemicals sector*
• Drafting and negotiating patent, trade mark and software licences for various clients
*including work at previous law firms
Types of client
Gina’s clients range from small start-ups to public multinational corporations. Gina has particular expertise in the life sciences/healthcare sector, but enjoys helping clients across diverse industry sectors.
Achievements and other appointments
Gina is dual-qualified as an English solicitor and U.S. attorney-at-law. She is also a registered U.S. patent attorney and a Certified Licensing Professional. Gina has worked in the IP field for nearly 20 years, including in private practice, industry (Baxter Healthcare Corporation) and academia (technology transfer offices in the US and UK).
Gina is also a principal contributor of 'Drafting Agreements in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries (Oxford University Press, 2010) and a contributor to the 'International Licensing and Technology Transfer' (Kluwer Law International, 2015).
Gina has a BSc in Biological Sciences from the University of London (Birkbeck), a BA in English Language and Literature from the University of Chicago, and a JD from Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Gina lives near Tunbridge Wells with her husband and two young children. She enjoys cooking and intends to learn to garden one day.