Specialisms & expertise
- Commercial landlord and tenant disputes including forfeiture, rent arrears and dilapidations
- Development disputes including advising lenders prior to provision of development finance
- Disputes over easements including rights of way
- Lease renewals under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Lease extensions under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
- Planning disputes including judicial review proceedings.
Client stories & examples of work
- Assisting partner Nicholas Horton with a judicial review of a planning permission relating to a major residential development in the South East; case retained for hearing in Court of Appeal
- Providing strategic advice to lenders on dispute risks associated with developments prior to provision of development finance
- Defending a residential landlord against without notice injunction proceedings brought by a tenant alleging harassment and unlawful eviction
- Acting for the residents of a development in successfully applying for a vesting order under section 181 of the Insolvency Act 1986 after the developer was dissolved leaving part of the development vested in the Crown
- Advising a developer tenant on a successful application against an absent landlord to acquire the landlord’s freehold property
- Successfully resisting a claim for specific performance of a contract for sale of a property at significantly below market value
- Advising developers to resolve disputes relating to development sites
- Advising the buyer of a portfolio of residential properties on vacant possession strategy
- Advising individuals on adverse possession claims of both registered and unregistered land.
Types of client
- Commercial landlords and tenants
- Charitable organisations.
Achievements & other appointments
Shortlisted for Kent & East Sussex JLD Trainee Solicitor of the Year 2016/2017.
Member of the Property Litigation Association.
Guy graduated from the University of Southampton with a degree in Philosophy. He completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at BPP University, London.
Guy joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2016 as a Trainee Solicitor, and joined the Dispute Resolution team upon qualifying as a solicitor in 2018.