Specialisms & expertise
- Freehold and leasehold sale and purchase
- Lock Out Agreements
- Buy to let and holiday home purchase
- Sale and purchase of newly built property
- Residential lease extensions and tenant acquisition of freehold reversions
- Re-mortgages and equity release schemes
- Transfers of equity and matrimonial transfers
- Service easements.
Client stories & examples of work
- Purchase of two high value new build penthouses on a prestigious development in Ascot.
- Purchase of a London apartment together with complex lease variations and licences for the construction of an extension
- Purchase of a number of high value buy to let properties in London
- Simultaneous exchange of high value country estate properties
- Numerous sales for London property owners and subsequent local purchases
- Purchase of holiday homes in Devon.
Guy joined the firm in 1983 having gained an LLB (Hons) degree at the University of Sheffield and the Law Society’s Finals at Guildford College of Law. Guy became a partner in 1988 and ran branch offices for the firm in Sevenoaks and Tonbridge prior to the establishment of a centralised Residential Conveyancing department in Tunbridge Wells in 2005. He served as Head of the Department from 2005-2018. Having grown up and schooled in Sevenoaks, and having educated 3 children locally, Guy’s wide knowledge of the surrounding areas both professionally and personally is very valuable to his clients.
Guy has always had a keen interest in all sports and in particular still manages to play occasional cricket, golf, and tennis. He was an active cricketer and rugby player in his youth at County level. Guy was Chairman of Sevenoaks Vine Cricket Club for 20 years retiring in 2007. Not content to relax Guy enjoys active holidays sailing, skiing and cycling. His recent cycling exploits, Coast to Coast across the North Yorkshire Moors and the Lake District, and in East Africa, from Mt. Kilimanjaro to Rwanda, have involved major fundraising efforts for both the firm’s charities and overseas charities.