Specialisms & expertise
- Probate and estate administration
- Dealing with intestate estates
- Inheritance tax agricultural and business property relief claims
- Post-death tax planning.
Client stories & examples of work
- Assisting personal representatives to reduce or eliminate capital gains tax on the disposal of shares and the sale of property
- Advising on and successfully making a claim for gifts out of income to reduce inheritance tax
- Assisting personal representatives in negotiating with the District Valuer in respect of realty
- Guiding personal representatives in the administration of estates with a contentious element and/or where there are complex and challenging family dynamics
- Dealing with high net worth clients with business elements and/or foreign elements.
Types of client
Helen advises a broad range of clients from all walks of life including professional and non-professional individuals.
Achievements & other appointments
Helen is a member of Solicitors for the Elderly and is a Dementia Friend.
Helen attended Hertfordshire University, graduating in 1996. Helen qualified as a solicitor in August 2002. Since qualification, she has worked for highly regarded firms on the South East Coast. She joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2019 and has an all round experience in all areas of private client work.