Specialisms & expertise
- Estate and trust administration, including life interest and discretionary trusts
- Inheritance tax agricultural and business property relief claims
- Post death tax planning
- Independent administration appointments for contentious estates.
Client stories & examples of work
- Dealing with multiple death intestacy case for UK and non UK domiciilaries
- Administering high net worth individuals estates with multi jurisdictional assets
- Working with overseas professionals on multi jurisdictional probate cases including analysis and interpretation of difference taxation rules
- Being a court appointed Administrator for contentious estates requiring neutral administrator to manage estates in conflict
- Acting for estates transferred from other law firms which have involved complex agricultural and business property relief claims
- Addressing post death tax strategies to save CGT on disposals (property and shares) and dealing with non domiciled beneficiaries CGT reporting in the UK on property disposals
- Undertaking estate administration work for overseas executors and beneficiaries
- Acting as trustee on trusts including Will trusts and P I trusts
- Holding executor appointments on estates.
Types of client
All manner of clients ranging from Business Owners, Accountants, Solicitors, Barristers, Farming families, surviving spouses and Investment Managers.
Achievements & other appointments
Helen is listed as a Citywealth Leader and was awarded Best Female in Probate Leadership 2016 - UK and Lead Probate Specialist of the Year 2017 by Wealth & finance international.
The Legal 500 2018 described Helen as “calm, focussed and very clear in what she says" and in the Legal 500 2019 is noted by a client for having 'a knowledgeable and friendly approach in dealing with emotional issues'.
Helen qualified as a Solicitor in March 1998 having obtained a Law Degree at Thames Valley University (London) and completed the Legal Practice Course at Guildford Law School. She joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2001 and became a Partner in 2007 and heads up the Probate team. Helen became an Equity Partner in 2016 and currently sits on the Management Board and is involved in aspects of firm management including the firm’s 2020 AI team and being the Firm’s Training Principal. Helen carries out media work, including guest appearances on Radio Kent and Radio 2’s Money Box programme. In addition writing articles for the press and journals and also producing on social platforms a probate video and probate FAQ campaign .Helen’s background includes a broad range of experience in all areas of private client work, including contentious matters.
Helen is a longstanding member of the Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge District Law Society having sat on the Committee and served as Treasurer for a number of years. Helen is also Member of the Law Society Private Client Section.