Specialisms & expertise
- Divorce, judicial separation and dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Issues in respect of children, including parental responsibility, deciding with whom a child should live, deciding how often a child should spend time with a parent and re-location (national and international)
- All financial aspects of a relationship breakdown
- Collaborative law
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial agreements
- Advice and agreements for cohabiting couples
- Issues between former cohabitees
- Domestic violence, including applications for non-molestation and occupation orders
Client stories & examples of work
- “The service Joanna Pratt supplied was exceptional and comforting during a very difficult time”.
- “Joanna Pratt is a complete professional, I can’t thank her enough.”
- “Joanna was wonderful, she really took control. She got the measure of my husband and helped me deal with his bullying tactics”.
Achievements & other appointments
Joanna was appointed as Her Majesty's Deputy Coroner for East Sussex in 2003. She is acknowledged in leading independent guide to UK law firms, Chambers UK, as a leader in her field and is described in that guide as “great to deal with”.
Joanna is a trained collaborative lawyer and is listed as a Citywealth Leader.
Joanna is a ‘top recommended’ lawyer in the Spear’s Family Law Index 2021.
Joanna graduated from Exeter University where she obtained an Honours Degree in Law, before completing her Law Society Finals with Honours at The College of Law in Guildford. She was admitted as a solicitor in 1993.
Before joining Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2005, Joanna worked at the same firm of solicitors on the Sussex coast for over 14 years, progressing to become an equity partner.