Specialisms & expertise
- Property portfolio asset management for investors, retail and corporate occupiers.
- Investment and letting work for UK investors and developers.
- Portfolio and multi/single let acquisitions and disposals.
- Commercial landlord and tenant work.
- Commercial property aspects of corporate acquisitions and sales, restructuring and refinancing.
Client stories & examples of work
- Leading the team advising a Pension Fund on managing its property portfolio working alongside the firm's property dispute resolution team.
- Acting for a PLC managing its multi-million pound property portfolio.
- Acting for a leading motor dealership in relation to a number of acquisitions and disposals of properties and businesses throughout the UK.
- Leading the team acting for a well known large retailer on new leases, regears and managing its property portfolio of over 100 stores throughout the UK.
- Acting for a PLC on the disposal of a number of its freehold sites for a value in excess of £15million.
- Acting for a company on the acquisition and development of a Grade II listed building for a distillery. The client has a won a number of international awards for its products and the distillery was officially opened in December 2017 by Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal.
- Advising on the property aspects of a joint venture agreement for a further education college.
Types of client
- Institutional Investor and developer clients
- Pension Funds
- Corporate clients in a range of sectors
Achievements & other appointments
Joanne speaks excellent German, having studied at the University of Göttingen for one year. She is a member of the Association of Women in Property.
The Commercial Property team is praised in the leading independent guide to law firms for being a "no-nonsense, incisive and efficient team" impressing clients with a dedicated service. One client commented, "You always feel the lawyers are doing their best for you".
Joanne joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2009 having qualified as a solicitor in 1998. Joanne trained at a City firm and then worked at London firm Nabarro LLP (now Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP) for almost ten years.
Joanne has extensive experience in property portfolio asset management having previously acted for Land Securities PLC, SEGRO and Capital and Counties PLC as well as various German open ended real estate funds.