Specialisms & expertise
- Commercial contracts
- Outsourcing solutions
- Supply Chain arrangements
- Procurement arrangements
- Distribution, agency and franchise
- Technology contracts, licensing and implementation
- Sponsorship, marketing and advertising
- Data protection and information law
- Intellectual Property
- Projects and infrastructure
- Contract management
Client stories & examples of work
- Currently advising on all commercial aspects of the development of a new garden town in Kent
- Advising on commercial issues, intellectual property and contracts for the UK subsidiary of a multi-national conglomerate
- Advised a leading publicly-traded advertising company on GDPR and data compliance
- Advised a US based company on the negotiation of an £80 million agreement with the Department of Health and Cabinet Office for PPE during Covid-19
- Drafting terms and conditions for a worldwide luxury travel operator across 28 territories (incorporating the latest EU travel package regulations)
- Advising a leading fast-food restaurant on its UK distribution and logistics agreements
- Worked with Europe’s leading airline and holiday operator on a number of commercial arrangements
- Working with a leading IT managed service provider on various UK and cross-border contracts
Types of client
Jonathan’s clients include private limited companies, owner managed businesses of all sizes, UK subsidiaries of major foreign companies and multi-national household names.
Achievements and other appointments
Jonathan was named Lawyer Monthly’s ‘Commercial Lawyer of the Year’ in 2019 and was ranked in the legal directories whilst at BLM.
Jonathan is a well respected commercial lawyer who is known for taking a business-centric and pragmatic approach to ensure commercial arrangements and strategies that clients put in place allow for full commercial benefit to be delivered.
Prior to joining Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2022, he held the position of National Head of Commercial Law at [Top 40] UK law firms BLM and Knights plc.
He advises on commercial contracts and business advisory matters across a wide-spectrum of sectors and with his team works closely with clients to fulfil the role of trusted ‘in-house counsel’ or to act as an extension to the wider in-house team.
Jonathan is also a regular speaker at legal events in the UK and abroad on EU trade, the implications of Brexit and advises on the same.