Specialisms & expertise
- Josephine has a niche practice with expertise in acting for an Association of private members clubs, both Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and unincorporated associations on all property and trust related matters
- All aspects of commercial property acquisitions and disposals
- All aspects of non contentious landlord and tenant work including leasehold enfranchising
- Portfolio and estate management
- Property aspects of corporate transactions
- Acting for landowners selling land for development including commercial advice on conditional contracts, options, overage agreements
- Acting for non governmental body within the Rail Industry on all property related matters
Client stories & examples of work
- Josephine acts for an Association to which over 1000 private members clubs are affiliated in respect of all of its property related business needs. Typical transactions invariably involve appointment of trustees, legal charges, advice on easements or planning issues, applications for listing Assets of Community Value; refinancing; insolvency and disposals
- Working closely with colleagues in Thomson Snell & Passmore’s Dispute Resolution Team, Josephine acts for Landlords and Tenants on enfranchisement of extension of leasehold properties
- Josephine is amongst the increasingly rare breed of lawyers with expertise in dealing with unregistered land
Types of client
- Private members clubs (both Unincorporated Associations and Co-Operative and Community Benefit Societies)
- Property Investors both corporate and individuals
- Non governmental bodies
- Corporate Landlords and Tenant, Borrowers and Lenders.
Achievements & other appointments
Member of the Association of Women Solicitors (AWS) and a member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA).
Josephine joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2010, having qualified as a solicitor in 1989. Josephine was a partner with a leading London firm for 12 years.