Specialisms & expertise
Acting for developers on the acquisition of land for development, including conditional contracts and infrastructure agreements, disposals of land to housing associations by both transfer and lease
Acting for landowners on promotion agreements, option agreements and conditional contracts
Acting for developers in connection with funding for development
General commercial property work for clients including leasehold and freehold acquisitions
Acting for Local Authorities in all types of property work including development, regeneration and general commercial
Client stories & examples of work
- Acquisition and post acquisition work for residential developments to include s106, s278 and s104 agreements and assisting plot sales solicitors with site set up
- Working with landowners on the disposal of sites for residential development including advising on all types of disposal structures such as promotion, option and overage agreements.
- Advising Kent local authorities on the disposal of a residential development site, all aspects for the development of a site for retail units and residential accommodation and regeneration projects including dealing with Network Rail land issues, Landlord and Tenant matters and liaison on state aid and procurement
- Working with lenders both on development loans and in connection with funding for developer clients
Types of client
- Residential developers
- Landowners, both commercial and individual
- Local Authorities.
Achievements & other appointments
Kate has written various articles on issues affecting developers including restrictive covenants, permitted development and the NPPF. Kate also previously worked as a tutor on the Commercial Property and Advanced Commercial Property courses at BPP Law School LLP.
Kate qualified as a solicitor in September 2001 (having previously qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 1997) whilst working at Dechert LLP (previously Titmuss Sainer Dechert). Kate joined the firm in 2017 from Mid Kent Legal Services where she was the Team Leader for Property and Regeneration. Kate is a parent trustee of the Maidstone Grammar School for Girls (MGGS) Development Trust.