Specialisms & expertise
• Advising on and preparing applications to the Court of Protection
• Day-to-day contact with individuals who lack capacity or have suffered an acquired brain injury and their families and care teams.
• Working closely with the team’s Deputies in relation to the ongoing management of our client’s finances
• Financial management and detailed budgeting for high value Personal Injury/Medical Negligence damages awards
• Providing detailed information on the client’s finances with a view to arranging investment advice
• Liaising with case managers and other professionals involved in the client’s care to establish the appropriate care regime
• Preparation of annual accounts for submission to the Office of the Public Guardian.
Kelly graduated from Oxford Brookes University with an LLB Law degree in 2012. Since graduating, Kelly has managed an in-house legal department and subsequently worked as a Paralegal in a City law firm. Kelly joined Thomson Snell & Passmore as a Legal Secretary in February 2016, before becoming Legal Assistant in the brain injury department of the Court of Protection team in August 2016.
As part of her Court of Protection work Kelly has taken on a number of clients who suffer from acquired brain injury, Dementia or Alzheimer’s.