Specialisms & expertise
- Acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- Acting for banks, independent lenders, borrowers and guarantors in connection with secured lending and refinancing
- Assisting with the property aspects of corporate transactions
- Portfolio and estate management
- All aspects of non-contentious landlord and tenant matters.
Client stories & examples of work
- Assisting with the property aspects of the sale of a Kent based care provider offering specialist services to individuals with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum conditions operating out of seven sites in Dover and Ramsgate.
- Acting for a bank in the refinancing of a facility secured over a large central London property portfolio.
- Acting for a lender in connection with the financing of several residential development projects.
- Advising an Association to which over 1500 private members Clubs are affiliated in respect of all of its property related business needs.
Types of client
- Property investors both corporate and individuals
- Banks and lending institutions
- Corporate landlords and tenants
- Private members clubs (both Unincorporated Associations and Industrial and Provident Societies)
- Non governmental bodies
- Private trusts.
Achievements & other appointments
The Commercial Property team are recognised in the legal directories as being a leading team in the South East. The team has been praised by Chambers and Partners for their initiative and availability and are noted to have a strong reputation in property development, portfolio management and rent re-gearing transactions.
Laura has a degree in Law and American Law (LLB) from the University of East Anglia. During her studies, she spent a year at the Brandeis School of Law in Louisville, Kentucky. Laura undertook the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, Guildford, where she obtained a distinction and was awarded the Gellhorn Prize for Commercial Property.
Laura joined the Commercial Property team in September 2011 following completion of her training contract with the firm.