Specialisms & expertise
- Acting for banks, independent lenders, borrowers and guarantors in connection with secured lending and refinancing, including first charges, second charges and subordination agreements and the negotiation of complex development and investment facilities.
- Assisting with the property aspects of corporate transactions.
- Acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold commercial property.
- All aspects of non-contentious landlord and tenant matters.
Past & present projects
- Advising a bank on all aspects of loans to a trust and a connected loan to a business to be secured over a 191 acre site which forms part of a larger estate and included registered and unregistered land used for residential, commercial and agricultural purposes
- Advising a pension scheme on the £3.25m disposal of a 15 office building, part vacant, and subject to nine occupational leases with future development potential
- Advising a major bank in connection with a £24m development loan to fund a development of 239 residential homes and office space
- Refinancing and advising both the lender and the owner on the division of a property portfolio with a value of approximately £7.5m.
Types of client
- Banks and lending institutions
- Property investors both corporate and individual including high net worth individuals from the UK and overseas
- Corporate landlords and tenants
Achievements & other appointments
The Commercial Property team are recognised in the legal directories as being a leading team in the South East. The team has been praised by Chambers UK for their initiative and availability and are noted to have a strong reputation in property development, portfolio management and rent re-gearing transactions. The team is ranked in The Legal 500 (2019) for Property Finance services – the only firm ranked outside of London.
Laura joined the Commercial Property team in September 2011 following completion of her training contract with the firm and became Partner in 2019.