Specialisms & expertise
- Acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold commercial property.
- Acting for banks, independent lenders, borrowers and guarantors in connection with secured lending and refinancing.
- Assisting with the property aspects of corporate transactions.
- Portfolio and estate management.
- All aspects of non-contentious landlord and tenant matters.
Past & present projects
- Advising a bank on all aspects of loans to a trust and a connected loan to a business to be secured over a 191 acre site which forms part of a larger estate and included registered and unregistered land used for residential, commercial and agricultural purposes.
- Advising a pension scheme on the £3.25m disposal of a 15 office building, part vacant, and subject to nine occupational leases with future development potential.
- Advising a major bank in connection with a £24m development loan to fund a development of 239 residential homes and office space.
- Refinancing and advising both the lender and the owner on the division of a property portfolio with a value of approximately £7.5m.
Types of client
- Banks and lending institutions.
- Property investors both corporate and individual including high net worth individuals from the UK and overseas.
- Corporate landlords and tenants.
Achievements & other appointments
The Commercial Property team are recognised in the legal directories as being a leading team in the South East. The team has been praised by Chambers UK for their initiative and availability and are noted to have a strong reputation in property development, portfolio management and rent re-gearing transactions.
Laura has a degree in Law and American Law (LLB) from the University of East Anglia. During her studies, she spent a year at the Brandeis School of Law in Louisville, Kentucky. Laura undertook the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, Guildford, where she obtained a distinction and was awarded the Gellhorn Prize for Commercial Property.
Laura joined the Commercial Property team in September 2011 following completion of her training contract with the firm.