Specialisms & expertise
• Advising on and preparing a range of deputyship and other Court of Protection applications for individuals who lack capacity to make particular decisions
• Managing clients’ financial affairs where they have appointed a professional attorney or deputy, and liaising with the client, their family and friends to ensure their needs are met
• Preparing and registering Powers of Attorney
• Advising deputies and attorneys on their duties and responsibilities
• Working closely with care homes, care teams, local authorities and financial organisations for a client’s benefit
• Preparing Wills for vulnerable clients
• Advising on NHS Continuing Care claims and appeals
Achievements & other appointments
The Private Client team provides a full range of private client services and is recognised by Chambers UK for its “niche expertise in acting for vulnerable or incapacitated adults”. Louise is an accredited member of Solicitors for The Elderly (SFE).
Louise graduated from Warwick University with a First Class honours degree in English Literature before going on to complete the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London, where she achieved a commendation and a distinction resepectively. She joined the Court of Protection team at Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2016, having trained and qualified with another regional firm in Kent where she gained over 3 years post-qualified experience advising on matters concerning the elderly and vulnerable.