Specialisms & expertise
Louise has 21 years experience working in the Private Client department with 12 years specialising in Court of Protection work. In particular Louise deals with administering the finances of those who suffer from incapacity due to an acquired brain injury, an injury suffered from birth, mental illness, learning disabilities or other complex medical conditions.
Client stories & examples of work
- Advising on and preparing applications to the Court of Protection;
- Day-to-day contact with individuals who lack capacity or have suffered an acquired brain injury and their families and care teams. Many of these individuals are very vulnerable;
- Working closely with the team’s Deputies in relation to the ongoing management of our client’s finances;
- Financial management and detailed budgeting for high value Personal Injury/Medical Negligence damages awards claims;
- Providing detailed information on the client’s finances with a view to arranging investment advice;
- Liaising with the Benefit Agency with regard to applications for benefits which the client may be entitled;
- Liaising with case managers and other professionals involved in the client’s care to establish the appropriate care regime;
- Preparation of annual accounts for submission to the Office of the Public Guardian. This includes detailed accounting in some contentious matters;
- Liaising with financial institutions to ensure that all deputy accounts are opened appropriately once the Deputy has been appointed;
- Training and supervision of a Paralegal and the delegation of work.
Achievements & other appointments
A key member of the firm’s Court of Protection team which was recognised by the Legal 500 as a top tier firm, and by Chambers and Partners for its “niche expertise in acting for vulnerable or incapacitated clients”.