Specialisms & expertise
- Secured lending and property finance for UK clearing banks, commercial funds, mezzanine lenders and borrowers
- All aspects of non-contentious commercial landlord and tenant work
- Portfolio management
- Commercial acquisitions and disposals
- The property aspects of corporate transactions.
Client stories & examples of work
- Advising a leading investment bank on development finance for a £10 million residential scheme consisting of 10 houses and 12 apartments
- Acting for a commercial fund on the £20 million development of four sites linked by four separate facilities with cross security
- Acting on a regular basis for a leading investment bank and a commercial fund on development finance projects for residential, commercial and mixed used schemes throughout the UK
- Acting for a leading UK company on its relocation to new headquarters in Kent
- Acting for a major food company in relation to a number of acquisitions and disposals of properties throughout the UK
- Advising on the property aspects of the Academy conversion of a number of schools in Kent and East Sussex
Types of client
- UK clearing banks, commercial funds mezzanine lenders and borrowers
- Commercial and residential developers
- Trusts and unincorporated associations
- Corporate clients from start-ups to listed companies.
Achievements & other appointments
Matthew is often asked to write articles for local and property press on matters affecting the property industry.
At a previous firm Matthew introduced an automated work flow system to streamline the process of simple residential conveyancing.
Matthew obtained a law degree from City University London before completing the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London.
Matthew was admitted as a solicitor in 2006 and joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in February 2013.